Wednesday, March 31, 2010

(POSTPONED..) Sunset Season Opener by Pacific Sound !! Sunday 4-11-2010

Postponed until further notice.. :D
Yes yes, it's that time of year again.. let me tell you: I've always wanted to experience the Cali way of life, including outdoor events on beaches, under full moon's, and out in state parks during the daytime hours: and for FREE!!!  First time visiting CA (in 2004) I strolled Venice Beach and was impressed by multitude of simultaneous gatherings (one a rave, the other a dread-lock infested drum circle).  Coming from the midwest, let alone the grime and klang of Detroit City and its streets, this was a spectacle to behold, at least in my eyes...


Fast forward to my relocation to the SF Bay area a few years later, when I was introduced to the magnifico event styles of hosts/promoters PACIFIC SOUND ( http://pacificsound.net ).  My first encounter involved a sold-out, 500 persons capacity Halloween Boat Party adrift in the San Francisco Bay back in 2007.  Come the following Spring, my friend Evan Rhodes and I drove up to Marin County for the Sunset Party and ever since then I've been an advocate for this new found California style of party: Outdoors, FREE, awesome beats, and literally thousands of people.. and infinite GOOD VIBES!!!  Seriously, it's a worthwhile experience, and can be addictive.. If you've got a chance to, especially if you've not done so before, you must GO!!! :D  I'm tentative for a visit to the bay mid April, but now I'm aiming for just a few days sooner so I can make this shindig!  More info at this Facebook Page and at http://pacificsound.net / Pacific Sound Rides available here: http://TransportedSF.COM


pacificsound music presents:
SUNSET Season Opener
Sunday - April 11th, 2010
Stafford Lake Park, Marin County - California
11pm - 7pm, all welcome
Parking Fee: $8 per vehicle (this is the standard park entry fee which is unrelated to us)
DJs: SOLAR, GALEN, J-BIRD + special guests TBA!